Full day trail ride for confirmed riders in the beautiful Saint-Germain forest, departing from Maisons-Laffitte, only 20 minutes from Paris.
During this a full day trail ride departing from Maisons-Laffitte, we explore the forest of Saint-Germain passing by the Château de Val, we ride along the terrace of the Saint-Germain-en-Laye castle and discover the “Mare aux Canes” (a cute Duck Pond in the forest). For lunch, our assistance team will prepare a nice pique-nique with French specialities.
The forest of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, area reserved for the royal hunts since Charlemagne, knew a great development from the sixteenth century and the reign of Francis I. The latter makes pierced alleyways crossing in a star to facilitate hunting, The “Capitainerie des Chasses de Saint-Germain”, created in 1559, was one of the largest in the Kingdom. It’s enormous area currently corresponds to the territory of about 140 municipalities, about twice the capacity of Fontainebleau. The hunting in the forest was practiced in the forest of Saint Germain until 1870 by the kings and emperors.
Today we have 77 km of well-maintained horse tracks. Welcome to spend a day on this exceptional playground!
Provisional program :
9.00 am Breafast at the stable and briefing
9.30 am Preparation of the horses
10.00 am Departure
1.00 pm Lunch
5.30 pm Back to the stable : Horse care and aperitif and snacks
6.00 pm End of the day
Level : This trek is suitable for experienced riders who are comfortable trotting, cantering and galloping.
Lenght : 9 hours including around 6 hours on horseback.
Rate : 175 € par personne.
- Horseback ride led by a qualified horse riding guide or instructor.
- Saddlery and the equipment for the horse.
- Breakfast and briefing.
- Lunch including drinks
- Snacks and drinks coming back from the ride
- Assistant team for lunch break
- Entrance fee for the horses in the castle park
Not included in the price:
- The FFE (French Equestrian Federation) licence which is recommended and includes an insurance.
- Junior riders : 25 €
- Adult riders (18 years and above) : 36 €
- Holiday licence, valid 1 month : 10 €
- Riders equipment. We suggest that you wear a comfortable pair of trousers or jeans, boots or shoes with small heels. Riding helmets are mandatory and available upon request. We can also lend you half chaps.
Dates and timetable
9 am – 6 pm (including 6 hours on horseback)
Dates 2018 : April 8, May 13, June 10, July 8, September 30, October 26
We are happy to organise private treks for groups of four or more.